FRIENDS!! Come on in close because I’ve got a secret for such a fast and fantastic recipe for you. This Creamy Cajun Chicken Alfredo recipe is going to be one that you want to keep in your back pocket for those nights when dinner seems impossible to get on the table.
So kudos to Trader Joe’s for their newest addition to their ever-growing pasta sauce line-up, this Cajun Alfredo Sauce. I’m allll over this one, friends!
What is Cajun Alfredo Sauce?
Trader Joe’s Cajun Alfredo Sauce is a thick and creamy pasta sauce that is full of Cajun spices. Needless to say, it’s a spicy sauce!
If you’ve ever eaten jambalaya, then you’re familiar with Cajun seasoning: spicy, smoky, garlicky, and downright delicious. It’s the type of flavor profile that goes so well on chicken, fish, pork, and of course, in pasta recipes where the pasta can soak up alllll the sauce.
The reviews I’ve been reading about this alfredo sauce on Instagram and Facebook are saying that the sauce is pretty awful. But my hunch is that people are adding this sauce straight to some pasta.
And honestly, I didn’t really love this sauce straight from the jar. It’s SUPER thick and definitely needs to be thinned out a bit to make it worthy of eating.
So I worked my magic in the kitchen and came up with this truly awesome Creamy Cajun Chicken Alfredo Pasta recipe. I know you’re going to love it too!
How to Make Cajun Alfredo Chicken Pasta
Alfredo sauce is meant to be served over some sort of pasta, right? So that’s what I did with this jarred alfredo sauce!
Here’s how I made this dinner! Be sure to keep scrolling down for the full list of ingredients and recipe instructions!
STEP 1: Prep your chicken and veggies by slicing a chicken breast, onion, bell peppers, and mushrooms thinly.
STEP 2: Cook your pasta according to the package instructions.
STEP 3: While the pasta cooks, sauté the chicken in some butter and olive oil in a hot pan. Transfer the chicken to a plate and add a little more oil to the pan before tossing in the onions and bell peppers. Cook for a few minutes and then add the mushrooms.
STEP 4: Mix in the Cajun alfredo sauce along with some chicken broth and pasta cooking water. The broth and water will thin out the sauce, which you’ll need to do since it’s a really thick sauce.
STEP 5: Warm up the sauce and then add the cooked pasta and chicken. Serve while still hot!
Kyle and I absolutely loved this Cajun chicken alfredo pasta recipe! Full of pasta, chicken, and veggies, this is cozy comfort food at its best.
The Cajun alfredo sauce is rich, flavorful, spicy, and super creamy! All big YAYS!!
Tips for Fantastic Cajun Chicken Pasta
The trick for transforming this sauce from just an okay sauce into something magical involves just a couple of things:
We want to see what you make!
If you make our recipe, tag @twocousinshaulitall on Instagram and we’ll share your eats with our fans!
- 12 oz dry farfalle or bowtie pasta
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, thinly sliced
- ½ orange bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- ½ yellow bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 small yellow onion, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 10 oz sliced portabella, cremini, or white button mushrooms
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- ¾ of a jar of Trader Joe's Cajun Alfredo Sauce
- ¼ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- ¼ cup reserved pasta cooking water
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Heat oil and butter in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Sauté the sliced chicken until the chicken is cooked through and browned. Transfer the chicken to a plate and the remaining oil to the pan and then toss in the onions and bell peppers. Cook for about 5 minutes and then add the mushrooms and sauté them for another 5 minutes.
- Mix in the Cajun alfredo sauce along with the chicken broth and pasta cooking water.
- Warm up the sauce and then add the cooked pasta and chicken to the pan. Serve while still hot.